2. In a processor, mix sugar and egg yolks for 30 seconds.
3. Add in vanilla and process for 1 minute until it is pale yellow.
4. Add the cheese in batches and blend it until smooth. Transfer it into a medium bowl, cover and let it chill for about an hour.
5. Beat the whipping cream until it is stiff. Fold it into cream cheese mixture and refrigerate it for about an hour.
6. Pour the espresso into a large shallow dish.
7. Cut the cake into 3 1/2x1x1/2-inch strips.
8. Dip the cake strips into espresso and coat all sides.
9. Arrange the strips into the bottom of a 10-cuo shallow dish. Smooth using your fingers to mold it together.
10. Sprinkle it with half of the chocolate and top it with the chilled cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate.
11. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.